Saturday 26 May 2012

TBR Pile

So, I went through my books I haven't read yet and I was surprised to find as many as I did. Usually I'm good at keeping on top of reading the books I buy but... I'm not as good as I thought!

In total I have 27 books. 7 are my Jane Austen collection which I bought recently. 6 books are books that I bought very recently and the remaining 14 are ones that I have had for 3 months to 2 years.

Here is a list of the books I've had for 3-24 months:

  1.  The Sealed Letter by Emma Donoghue (I bought this when it first came out in October 2011).
  2. An Autobiography by Agatha Christie (I bought this in a Book Depository 24 hour sale in February).
  3. The Drawing of the Three by Stephen King (I bought this in 2010 which was... FOREVER AGO!! I fail as King fan).
  4. The Hobbit by J.R.R Tolkien (I bought this last Christmas Eve...still have not read it).
  5. Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins (I bought this in December shortly after Christmas with a book voucher along with the first one. I still have not read it... Don't kill me!)
  6. Mercy by Jodi Picoult (I bought this around last September in a used book shop).
  7. Under the Dome by Stephen King (I bought this sometime in early 2011 I think... Again, I fail as a King fan).
  8. Game of Thrones by George R.R Martin (I bought this along with the first two in The Hunger Games trilogy after Christmas, read around 100 pages and stopped. I don't know why. I'll have to try it again).
  9. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver (I bought this in February... I should read it soon).
  10. The Girl who Kicked the Hornet's Nest by Steig Larsson (I bought this last August/September. I kind of lost interest in this trilogy...)
  11. The Murder of Roger Ackroyd by Agatha Christie (I began collecting the Agatha Christie magazines with a free first edition book in every issue and stopped after issue 2 because I realised I wasn't going to be able to afford €10 every fortnight. This was in issue 1).
  12. Hercule Poirot's Christmas by Agatha Christie (I bought this last summer without thinking it was a Christmas book so I planned on reading it last Christmas and I forgot. I'll have to wait until next Christmas again!!)
  13. Broken Flower by Virginia Andrews (I got this in a used book shop last year sometime)
  14. 'Salem's Lot by Stephen King (This was the first King book I bought in summer 2010 and still haven't read it...)
I am hoping to have read all these by the end of this year. Do you have a TBR pile this big or even bigger? Do you find yourself with many unread books you bought months and sometimes even years ago? Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment